[ARM ATTEND] DT binding and support and general SOC

From: David Brown
Date: Wed Jul 31 2013 - 20:42:26 EST

Qualcomm is starting to ramp up actually contributing support for MSM
to the mainline kernel. There are at least a couple of areas where I
see direct discussion involvement would be useful:

- DT binding. The Qualcomm out-of-tree code has roughly 37k lines
of dts/dtsi files. There has been a lot of effort here to try an
manage/organize these bindings, but for the most part, this work
has happened entirely internally. As more MSM code is
contributed, there will be a lot more bindings coming in. I can
bring experience with what we've done/learned with our current
internal bindings, as well as bring feedback to more align our
work with how the ARM bindings in general are moving.

- SoC code structure and layout. As ARM increases in variants (new
CPU types, lots of SoCs, 64-bit etc), I think we should have some
discussion of how to best organize the code.

David Brown

--
sent by an employee of the Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,