Re: Linux 3.11-rc4

From: Felipe Contreras
Date: Mon Aug 05 2013 - 13:43:36 EST

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That said, Felipe, can you double-check that it's not timing-related
> in some subtle way, and test multiple times with just that commit
> reverted (and not reverted) to make sure that it's 100% that one
> single line by that particular commit? Because it does seem very
> benign..

I tested perhaps dozens of times with the patch, and every one of them
failed. I tested at least 6 times with the patch reverted, every one
of them worked.

I'm fairly certain that it's 100% reproducible, so it doesn't seem to be a race.

But I'll double-check.

--
Felipe Contreras