Re: [HANG] Trouble with NEC-based USB adapter in PCMCIA slot on E7110

From: Thomas Richter
Date: Sat Aug 10 2013 - 04:36:38 EST

On 10.08.2013 03:07, Alan Stern wrote:

Nope. udevd refuses to start and says that it requires at least 2.6.32,
which means that apparently something changed in the kernel-userland
interface in 2.6.32. Thus, my conclusion that there's probably something
nasty going on in userland with udev.

What about the old udev with the newer kernel?

Well, I extracted now the old udev from the knoppix where I took the kernel from. It puked on a couple of the rules from the new system, but there was enough in the system to allow me to mount the usb ports. And that worked. So, old kernel plus old udev plus new rules -> works. It's at least not the udev rules in my new system that are at fault.

I'm now trying the latest 2.6.31.xx kernel with identical configuration and check how that is going.

Greetings,
Thomas