Re: Reading perf counters at ftrace trace boundaries

From: Karim Yaghmour
Date: Mon Aug 12 2013 - 11:27:13 EST

On 13-08-11 11:24 PM, zhangwei(Jovi) wrote:
> If you want to base on ftrace, below two approach maybe take into use:
>
> - register_ftrace_function/unregister_ftrace_function
>
> - perf_event_create_kernel_counter (function event id is 1)
>
> the first one is simplest, IMO.

Thx for the pointers.

> You need to write your own kernel module to use these approach.

As a proof-of-concept, sure. For something more permanent it would make
more sense to adapt the various perf/ftrace tools to make this available
on the command line with other options. But we're far away from that for
the moment.

--
Karim Yaghmour
CEO - Opersys inc. / www.opersys.com