Re: [Qemu-devel] SCSI bus failures with qemu-arm in kernel 3.8+

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Mon Aug 12 2013 - 18:49:06 EST

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 11:12:50PM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 10:36:17PM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
> > On this point, yes. Equivalent bit from the PB926 TRM:
> > http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.dui0224i/Cacdijji.html
> >
> > (There are differences between the PCI controllers on
> > the different boards. Differences I know of are:
> > * size of the three memory mapped regions
> > * whether the top bits of the PCI address come from the top
> > or bottom of the IMAP* registers
> > I believe (based on some experimentation and an educated guess)
> > that these both changed at the same point, but some of the board
> > TRMs claim to be part one way part the other, presumably due to
> > copy and paste error. In particular PB1176's TRM has a mangled
> > description of the IMAP* registers which didn't match what the
> > h/w actually did in my testing.)
>
> Bah, updated TRMs since my version.
>
> Right, so if I've traced everything correctly, this should work:
>
> /*
> * Slot INTA INTB INTC INTD
> * 31 PCI1 PCI2 PCI3 PCI0
> * 30 PCI0 PCI1 PCI2 PCI3
> * 29 PCI3 PCI0 PCI1 PCI2
> */
> return IRQ_SIC_PCI0 + ((slot + 2 + pin - 1) & 3);

Assuming this is what you mean, I added the above code to
versatile_map_irq(). It does not work, unfortunately, at least not
in qemu 1.4.0.

This is what the kernel reports for interrupt numbers:

kernel irq result
3.10.6: 92 fails
3.10.6+above change: 94 fails
3.10.6+Paul's patch: 91 works

Now is this a qemu problem or a kernel problem ?

Thanks,
Guenter