Re: Hard lockups using 3.10.0

From: Rolf Eike Beer
Date: Tue Aug 13 2013 - 07:57:45 EST

Borislav Petkov wrote:
On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 01:10:11PM +0200, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
The RAM seems fine. It looks like it is the mainboard or a harddisk.
The issues have magically disappeared since 3 weeks, but I have not
done any suspend2disk since then anymore. Before that I had suspended
the machine on the evening and resumed when I came to work. So it's
possible that there was some corrupted stuff in the image.

Hmm, probably...

This is the smart output I got of one disk yesterday:

Vendor: /0:0:0:0
Product:
User Capacity: 600,332,565,813,390,450 bytes [600 PB]

Is this for real? 600 PB??

I wanna hdd like that :-)

We have problems getting such a disk again. Seems all available one have disappeared somewhere near Bluffdale.

I'm not sure how good ext4 can handle sector sizes of several hundred megabytes, so it may be not that fun ;)

Eike