Re: nouveau: temperature on nv40 is unavailable since ad40d73ef533ab0ad16b4a1ab2f7870c1f8ab954

From: Martin Peres
Date: Tue Aug 13 2013 - 09:32:37 EST

On 13/08/2013 09:23, Pali Rohár wrote:
On Tuesday 13 August 2013 09:01:19 Martin Peres wrote:
On 13/08/2013 05:56, Pali Rohár wrote:
Hello,

after commit ad40d73ef533ab0ad16b4a1ab2f7870c1f8ab954 temperature
information from lm sensors is not available on my Nvidia 6600GT graphics
card. There is no nouveau hwmon entry in sysfs anymore. Why it was
removed? Can I help with debugging? I'd like to see temperature sensor
working again.
Hi,

Thanks for bisecting the issue. Can you send me your vbios and tell
me if the nvidia driver shows your temperature probe (and what is
its source).

To fetch your vbios, you can extract it using nvagetbios from the
envytools repo: https://github.com/envytools/envytools

Cheers,
Martin
How can I check source and temperature probe in nvidia binary driver?
You can check the temperature by running nvidia-settings. If you can't
see the temperature in it, then nvidia doesn't support it on your card and
I'm not sure we should :s

Thanks for the vbios you sent me in private. For the others, the reason
why he doesn't have temperature anymore is because his vbios lacks
sensor calibration values.