Re: nouveau: temperature on nv40 is unavailable since ad40d73ef533ab0ad16b4a1ab2f7870c1f8ab954

From: Martin Peres
Date: Tue Aug 13 2013 - 09:55:19 EST

On 13/08/2013 09:53, Pali RohÃr wrote:
On utorok, 13. augusta 2013 15:32:45 CEST, Martin Peres wrote:
On 13/08/2013 09:23, Pali RohÃr wrote:
On Tuesday 13 August 2013 09:01:19 Martin Peres wrote:
You can check the temperature by running nvidia-settings. If you can't
see the temperature in it, then nvidia doesn't support it on your card and
I'm not sure we should :s

Thanks for the vbios you sent me in private. For the others, the reason
why he doesn't have temperature anymore is because his vbios lacks
sensor calibration values.

In nvidia-settings tab "GPU 0 - (GeForce 6600 GT)" --> "Thermal Settings" is:

Thermal Sensor Information:
ID: 0
Target: GPU
Provider: GPU Internal
Temperature: 70 C (now)

I looked in Windows program SpeedFan. It found Nvidia PCI card and reported "GPU Temp" about 68-70 C. So it looks like both nvidia driver and windows SpeedFan program reading same values.

Great, I'll cook you a patch in a bit and you'll see what the temperature is like. It won't be perfectly accurate but there is some kind of default for nvidia cards of this generation.