Re: Linux kernel cross-compilers

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Fri Aug 16 2013 - 03:54:48 EST

On 08/15/2013 10:47 PM, Tony Breeds wrote:
On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 02:07:05AM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
Hi Tony,

would it be possible to provide an arm64 cross-compiler on https://www.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/ ?

I have one built I just need to upload it. I'll try and do it this
weekend.

Would be great.

Also, the xtensa compiler fails for me with an odd error message on one of my servers.
Have you heard about any problems with it from others ?

Nope. Sorry, but it looks like you're being looked after there.

No far not helping. I had hoped it is a known problem that has been fixed with a later
gcc or binutils version, but it looks like it isn't widely seen.

c6x is supposed to be supported by gcc now. No idea if that helps anything, though.

Thanks. I have tried to build a 4.8.1 cx6 toolchain but It hasn't
worked todate. I'll keep trying as time permits.

Too bad. Thanks for trying!

Guenter