Re: [Help Test] kdump, x86, acpi: Reproduce CPU0 SMI corruption issueafter unsetting BSP flag

From: HATAYAMA Daisuke
Date: Mon Aug 19 2013 - 05:14:39 EST

(2013/08/19 11:59), Eric W. Biederman wrote:

Sorry Eric, I'm not clear to what you mean by ``short one core''...
Which are you suggesting? Disabling BSP if crash happens on AP is
reasonable?
Or restricting cpus to a single one only just as the current kdump
configuration is reasonable?

I am suggesting we start every cpu except the BSP from the AP we started on.

N-1 cpus seems like a good tradeoff between performance and reliability for those who need it.

Eric

Thanks. I'm now clear.

Well, I'll post a version 2 patch after upgrading it for current upstream kernel.
But it would be next week or later.

--
Thanks.
HATAYAMA, Daisuke