Re: linux-next: manual merge of the mvebu tree with the arm-soctree

From: Jason Cooper
Date: Mon Aug 19 2013 - 17:38:57 EST

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 02:09:00PM -0700, Olof Johansson wrote:
> it's this commit:
>
> commit 89602312c5755c87a5ca6ba8ef6b0fce9d510951
> Merge: a0cec78 f23afe2
> Author: Jason Cooper <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> AuthorDate: Wed Aug 14 18:55:13 2013 +0000
> Commit: Jason Cooper <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> CommitDate: Wed Aug 14 18:55:13 2013 +0000
>
> Merge remote-tracking branch 'arm-soc/for-next' into mvebu/drivers

grmbl... Yep, that's my mistake. I usually do a temp branch for
merge-testing against arm-soc/for-next and building. Apparently I
forgot to make the branch first. My apologies.

I've fixed up mvebu/drivers, and I'm build testing a rebuilt for-next
now.

> You merged back the for-next branch from arm-soc into your tree. Big no-no.

Yep, \shame/.

> This brings up the subject of subplatform trees and conflicts and
> -next. I wonder if we should ask Stephen to put all these trees in a
> category where if they have any substantial conflicts or weirdness
> like this, that he just drops it for the current -next build instead
> of spending effort on them.

Agreed. A tree hierarchy of sorts. mvebu and other sub-arch trees
should definitely be dropped for the day with minimal investigation.

thx,

Jason.