Re: [RFC 17/17] clk: zynq: remove call to of_clk_init

From: SÃren Brinkmann
Date: Mon Aug 26 2013 - 11:16:49 EST

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 02:53:35PM +0200, Sebastian Hesselbarth wrote:
> On 08/26/13 14:07, Steffen Trumtrar wrote:
> >On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 01:15:11PM +0200, Michal Simek wrote:
> >>I agree with Soren - let's fix the current problem and then when Steffen has patches with syscon
> >>we can look at them.
> >>
> >>If there is any discussion about early syscon registration please let me know.
> >>

> >Where I'm stuck at the moment is: if I map the whole register space to the
> >parent node, how do I get its mapped address in the clkc?
>
> Steffen,
>
> if slcr is such an essential part of the SoC, you can choose to provide
> zynq_slcr_readl/writel callbacks. You can then use those callback in the
> clock driver without knowing the base address. Also, it allows you to
> hide slcr specific locking details from subsequent drivers using the
> callbacks.

I don't think that'll work. The clkc just wraps the cock primitives and
does not provide a lot of own clock drivers - actually only one. Those
clock primitives receive an iomapped address for the clock control which
is then accessed using readl/writel(). So, wrapping all SLCR accesses in
special accessors would mean to have almost identical reimplementations
of all used clock primitives, just to replace readl/writel with
zynq_slcr_write/read. Or is there some way to make this actually work?

SÃren