linux-next: build failure after merge of the libata tree

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Mon Aug 26 2013 - 22:51:21 EST

Hi Tejun,

After merging the libata tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

In file included from drivers/ata/libata-pmp.c:14:0:
drivers/ata/libata.h:136:1: error: unknown type name 'acpi_handle'
static inline acpi_handle ata_dev_acpi_handle(struct ata_device *dev) { return NULL; }
^

And several others.

Caused by commit f1bc1e4c44b1 ("ata: acpi: rework the ata acpi bind
support"). All the world does not have the ACPI include files
included via some other path ... nor wants them, I suspect.

I have used the libata tree from next-20130822 for today.

P.S. drivers/ata/libata.h seems to assume that a lot of other stuff is
included that it does not include explicitly ...
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx