What could cause siginfo_t.si_addr to always be NULL?

From: Mike Hommey
Date: Tue Aug 27 2013 - 06:48:49 EST

Hi,

We're running into an interesting issue with Firefox on Android, in
which a segfault signal handler always gets a value of 0 for
siginfo_t.si_addr. The most intesting part is that this only happens on
a few devices/android version combinations. Catching a segfault in gdb
also shows the problem in $_siginfo, which suggests this would be the
kernel doing something weird. Thus my question, what in the kernel could
cause this behavior?

Cheers,

Mike