RE: Can anyone suggest a better fix? Not sure if I understand theproblem, but the patch fixed it

From: Yang, Fei
Date: Wed Aug 28 2013 - 12:47:42 EST

>> I thought fixdep is about finding module dependency, and it isn't
>> needed for built-in drivers. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
>
>fixdep filters the *.d files generated by gcc. These files record source
>-> object file dependencies, to not miss rebuilds.

OK, then it's more likely to be a timing issue. I'm running my builds on a machine with 32 cores, and as the build is distributed to multi-processors, there might be a synchronization issue.
Do you know how the .d files getting deleted normally? I see only .o.cmd file left after the build is completed.

Michal