Re: [GIT PULL] perf changes for v3.12

From: Vince Weaver
Date: Tue Sep 03 2013 - 13:01:31 EST

On Tue, 3 Sep 2013, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * New ABI details:
> . Make Power7 events available via sysfs, by Runzhen Wang.

So we're really going to add 100+ Power7 events to the stable sysfs ABI?
Are all the new events listed under the sysfs ABI documentation?

Are we going to add all of the x86 events too, adding 100kB of unswappable
event listings to every user's kernel whether they use perf_event or not?

Yes, I know I am a broken record on this issue, but I don't feel like
anyone has clarified the future plans here.

Vince