Re: [16/85] b43: ensue that BCMA is "y" when B43 is "y"

From: Konstantin Ryabitsev
Date: Mon Sep 09 2013 - 16:56:46 EST

On 09/09/13 02:46 PM, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> Initially, LKML would be archived on kernel.org, but that never
> happened and doesn't seem it will after the whole security breach
> incident.

I believe we're hoping vger will eventually start doing it on its own. :)

We do archive some of it as part of patchwork, but only actual patches.

> But if mid.gname.org is a better link to forward to, then perhaps
> Konstantin could update it.

If it's the general community opinion, I can easily change that. The
trouble is, "sucks less (most of the time)" is a subjective opinion that
may not necessarily be shared by others. :) I have to be very careful
changing such tools, as someone's workflow may be disrupted by the change.

Therefore, for now I leave /r/ as-is, but you can use /g/ to direct to
gmane instead of marc.info:

http://lkml.kernel.org/g/5187EB95.2060605@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Even further, if the message contained a patch, you can use '/p/' to
refer to it:

http://lkml.kernel.org/p/20130909183608.GR13318@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can just use that instead of /g/, since if a matching patchwork
patch is not found, it'll fallback mid.gmane.org. E.g., this message
does not have a patch, so no patchwork entry:

http://lkml.kernel.org/p/5187EB95.2060605@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> In any case, as I would think kernel.org will be around as long as
> Linux is still in use, having the link go to kernel.org, and then
> kernel.org could point the result to where ever it liked, is still the
> best option.

Yes, do use lkml.kernel.org for this. If either marc.info or
mid.gmane.org go away, we'll find some other places to redirect without
losing historical context.

Best,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev