Re: [git pull] drm tree for 3.12-rc1

From: Dave Airlie
Date: Tue Sep 10 2013 - 19:23:31 EST

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 1:49 AM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [ Dave - your linux.ie email generates bounces for me, trying redhat instead ]

Uggh no worries, I read my list mail from gmail mostly anyways, so if
its on a list I'll probably see it.

>> Can you give a little more detail about video not working? Video
>> accel should work fine with the current versions of libva/intel-driver
>> available in Fedora 19 - assuming that's what you're using.
>
> It is indeed F19.
>
> Easy test: go to youtube, and watch things that are in 1080p HD. They
> play fine in a window (using about 70% CPU), but full-screened to
> 2560x1440 they play at about one or two frames per second.

It doesn't sound like you are using hw accelerated video at all and its just
sw renderered flash,

In which case it could be a CPU issue, is the cpu freq scaling working
correctly?

Dave.