Re: [tip:perf/core] perf: Fix broken union in ' structperf_event_mmap_page'

From: Vince Weaver
Date: Wed Sep 18 2013 - 10:17:59 EST

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013, Peter Zijlstra wrote:

> > This patch somehow breaks the perf-ABI.
>
> Difficult call that..

OK, let me rephrase.

This change broke existing working code.

Can you point to any code that is fixed by the commit?

If not, I think the rule is you revert the changeset.

Or you can just mark the bug "Won't fix, perf tool doesn't use it" I guess

You guys told me to start running my tests in -rc1 so I can catch bugs
early enough to fix things. So here I am, finding a problem in -rc1.
If no one cares I'll stop bothering and go back to just documenting the
problems after the fact in complaining webpages.

Vince