Re: PCF857x and 16-bit GPIO expanders

From: George Cherian
Date: Thu Sep 19 2013 - 04:13:56 EST

On 9/18/2013 11:06 PM, Felipe Balbi wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 07:18:04PM +0200, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
On Wednesday 18 September 2013 13:16:27 Linus Walleij wrote:
On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 9:07 PM, Felipe Balbi <balbi@xxxxxx> wrote:
has anyone ever successfully using gpio-pcf857x.c driver with 16-bit
gpio expanders ? We're having some issues here where toggling the last
gpio pin (gpio 15) on a PCF8575 device causes platform to hang and I
can't come up with any explanation of why would it hang...
Bouncing the question to George, Laurent and Kuninori...
I've got a board with a PCF8575 chip, but it uses I/Os 8 to 14 only as far as
I know.

I can try toggling I/O 15, but that will need to wait until next week as I'm
currently travelling without access to the hardware.
alright, that'd help me a lot :-) Just want to make sure if we're having
a board issue, or PCF8575 is a bit screwy ;-)
Is it on dra7x-evm if so which pcf device (i2c address)?
The pins i were interested were only 1 and 2 I never tried pin 15.

Just tried toggling through sysfs and it works for me.

Thanks

--
-George