Re: [RFC 0/5] New descriptor-based GPIO interface

From: Thierry Reding
Date: Fri Sep 20 2013 - 15:33:08 EST

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 08:06:00PM +0200, Linus Walleij wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Alexandre Courbot <acourbot@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Here is a first RFC for the new GPIO interface.
>
> I'm quite happy with this, and given that all DT-implementations will start
> to use it from day 1 I'll happily merge it when you think it's tested enough.
>
> On my wishlist is to also switch over the ACPI GPIO driver:
> drivers/gpio/gpiolib-acpi.c to use the descriptors directly, so
> I'd like one of the ACPI folks to have a look at this patch set
> and see how it looks from their angle.
>
> Mika, Rafael, Mathias, and either of you guys have a look
> at this?

Given that it seems like there won't be a linux-next from September 28
until close to the next merge window, it would be good to get this into
linux-next before that so that the series can receive broader testing. I
have some patches that could use this, but I'm hesitant to base them on
these patches because I want at least part of them to go into 3.13.

Thierry