Re: [GIT PULL] Block IO fixes for 3.12

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun Sep 22 2013 - 19:27:58 EST

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Jens Axboe <axboe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not necessarily bad quality control, but yeah, the commit messages
> could've been prettier. Those two should have been git ammended, most of
> them are directly applied byt git am fwiw.

No, one of them was clearly *not* done with git am, because git am
uses the subject like to create that summary message.

And the other one you should have edited the mbox before feeding it to
git am - or pushed back on the submitter to write email in a format
where no such editing is necessary.

"I used git am" is not an excuse for bad formatting of commits. It's
just a tool, you need to make sure the tool is fed valid data.

Linus