Re: [pchecks v1 4/4] percpu: Add preemption checks to __this_cpuops

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Tue Sep 24 2013 - 10:24:41 EST

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> During past review of your series Peter Zijlstra very explicitly told you
> to reuse (and unify with) the preempt checks in lib/smp_processor_id.c!
> See debug_smp_processor_id().

No he did not. He mentioned something about debug_smp_processor_id() at
the end of a post after talking about something else. Given your
comments now I see what was meant. That was not really obvious in the
first place.

> The problem isn't just that you are duplicating code and adding
> unnecessary #ifdefs into the wrong place, the bigger problem is that you
> are implementing weak checks which creates unnecessary raw_*() pollution
> all across the kernel.

what kind of idiotic comment is that? I am using a single function
preemptible(). How is that duplicating anything?

> Your lack of cooperation is getting ridiculous!

And this kind of insulting behavior is really discouraging people to do
work on the kernel.