Re: [RFC v2] gpio/omap: auto-setup a GPIO when used as an IRQ

From: Balaji T K
Date: Tue Sep 24 2013 - 11:46:43 EST

On Tuesday 24 September 2013 09:10 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
* Javier Martinez Canillas <javier.martinez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [130924 01:06]:
The OMAP GPIO controller HW requires a pin to be configured in GPIO
input mode in order to operate as an interrupt input. Since drivers
should not be aware of whether an interrupt pin is also a GPIO or not,
the HW should be fully configured/enabled as an IRQ if a driver solely
uses IRQ APIs such as request_irq(), and never calls any GPIO-related
APIs. As such, add the missing HW setup to the OMAP GPIO controller's
irq_chip driver.

Since this bypasses the GPIO subsystem we have to ensure that another
caller won't be able to request the same GPIO pin that is used as an
IRQ and set its direction as output. Requesting the GPIO and setting
its direction as input is allowed though.

Also please mention the regression that this fixes. So far we know
that smsc911x for tobi and igep boards in mainline, and also the

MMC card detect for omap4 boards.
Hi Tony,

Card detect on omap4 board (sdp and panda) is not based on omap gpio,
so I think this fix is not applicable for omap4.

Card detect line for SD card goes to power IC on OMAP4 panda and SDP.