Re: v3.10 breaks T.tcflush (Was: tty: disassociate_ctty() sends theextra SIGCONT)

From: Peter Hurley
Date: Wed Sep 25 2013 - 20:07:10 EST

On 09/25/2013 12:21 PM, Oleg Nesterov wrote:
Peter, thanks for your explanations about tty_old_pgrp/etc,
I'll try to reply later. I need to read your email carefully.

Ok.

If you're interested, I highly recommend reading Chapter 34
("Process Groups, Sessions, and Job Control") of Michael Kerrisk's
book, The Linux Programming Interface.

FYI, LSB tests report another failure starting from 3.10.

See lsb-test-core/lts_vsx-pcts/tset/POSIX.os/devclass/tcflush/tcflush.c
attached below. test4() fails with

SIGTTOU not received
tcflush(TCIOFLUSH) action was performed
when TOSTOP was set

I'll try to investigate, but let me repeat I know absolutely nothing
about drivers/tty/, termios, etc. Perhaps you can take a look? So far I
didn't even look into the attached code, I have no idea what it does.

Thanks for the report. I looked into this and found another regression.
Patch coming.

Looks like I'll be integrating LSB into my testbench.

Regards,
Peter Hurley