Re: applesmc oops in 3.10/3.11

From: Henrik Rydberg
Date: Thu Sep 26 2013 - 02:34:01 EST

> > > This suggests that initialization may be attempted more than once. The key cache
> > > is allocated only once, but the number of keys is read for each attempt.
> > >
> > > No idea if that can happen, but if the number of keys can increase after
> > > the first initialization attempt you would have an explanation for the crash.
> >
> > Good idea, and easy enough to test with the patch below.
> >
> Should we apply this patch even though it may not solve the specific problem ?

Yes, why not - it certainly won't hurt. I am running it right now, so
it is at least run-tested.

> Again, not sure if the key count can change, but the current code is at the very
> least inconsistent, as it keeps reading the key count without updating or
> verifying the cache size.

Yes - I agree that the error state is far-fetched, but it is hard to
see any other logical explanation. There is of course always the
possibility that the problem is somewhere else completely.

Proper patch attached.

Thanks,
Henrik

---