Re: Please revert 928bea964827d7824b548c1f8e06eccbbc4d0d7d

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Fri Sep 27 2013 - 18:00:30 EST

On Fri, 2013-09-27 at 14:54 -0700, Yinghai Lu wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Benjamin Herrenschmidt
> <benh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Wouldn't it be better to simply have pci_enable_device() always set bus
> > master on a bridge? I don't see any case where it makes sense to have
> > an enabled bridge without the master bit set on it...
>
> Do you mean attached?

That's an option. I was thinking making pci_enable_device() itself
enable bus master on a bridge but yes, you approach should work.

I'm digging a bit more to figure out what went wrong in the
pcie port driver since that's interesting in its own right and I'll then
test your patch which I think is a more robust approach.

Cheers,
Ben.