Re: Please revert 928bea964827d7824b548c1f8e06eccbbc4d0d7d

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Fri Sep 27 2013 - 23:06:32 EST

On Fri, 2013-09-27 at 16:44 -0700, Yinghai Lu wrote:

> > Thus the port driver bails out before calling pci_set_master(). The fix
> > is to call pci_set_master() unconditionally. However that lead me to
> > find to a few interesting oddities in that port driver code:
>
> can we revert that partially change ? aka we should check get_port....
> at first...
>
> like attached.

In the meantime, can you properly submit the other one with the warning
to Linus ? It will make things more robust overall...

Also, please read my other comments. I think we are treading on very
fragile ground with that whole business of potentially disabling bridges
in the pcieport driver ...

Cheers,
Ben.