Re: Fix apparent cut-n-paste mistake in Dell reboot workaround.

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Mon Sep 30 2013 - 00:32:45 EST

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 01:15:02PM +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Likely indicates that our ACPI reboot handling still isn't bug
> > compatible with Windows. We'd do better fixing that than adding more DMI
> > entries.
>
> are these only with VTd enabled? I have some Dells that won't reboot
> with VTd turned on, I remember you though it was an acpi bug we
> couldn't do much with.

Oh, that's true - the ACPI reboot vector on the Dell tables I have to
hand appears to be via the keyboard controller, so there's probably some
SMM involved. I don't know if the VTd thing is still a problem (David
Woodhouse was looking into that at one point), but that would be a
reasonable point to start from.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx