Re: applesmc oops in 3.10/3.11

From: Henrik Rydberg
Date: Tue Oct 01 2013 - 07:01:18 EST

> >Warning message triggered with 3.12.0-0.rc3.git0.1.fc21.x86_64.
> >
> >[ 10.886016] applesmc: key count changed from 261 to 1174405121
> >

> Explains the crash, but the new key count is very wrong. 1174405121 = 0x46000001.
> Which I guess explains the subsequent memory allocation error in the log.
>
> Henrik, any idea what might be going on ? Is it possible that the previous
> command failure leaves some state machine in a bad state ?

I seem to recall a report on another similar state problem on newer
machines, so maybe, yes. Older machines seem fine, I have never
encountered the problem myself. Here is a patch to test that
theory. It has been tested to be pretty harmless on two different
generations.

I really really do not want to add an 'if (value is insane)' check ;-)

Thanks,
Henrik