Re: [BUG] Regression in 2fdac010drivers/net/ethernet/via/via-velocity.c: update napi implementation

From: Francois Romieu
Date: Tue Oct 01 2013 - 18:46:25 EST

Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@xxxxxxx> :
[...]
> There has already been a discussion about this, and a patch has already
> been proposed. It has to do with lock managament. I will look for the
> email.

The underlying problem has to do with disabled irq. netif_receive_skb
assumes irq to be enabled. Current via-velocity poll() method should
narrow its (spinlocked) irq disabled section.

What I've done should not require much analysis (aka "what could race
with the rx bh processing in a napi driver ?") and avoids a more intrusive
lockless napi design.

--
Ueimor