Re: [ 00/13] 3.0.99-stable review

From: Christoph Biedl
Date: Thu Oct 03 2013 - 10:41:17 EST

Khalid Aziz wrote...

> Thanks for tracking this down. I had not tried a configuration with
> CONFIG_HUGETLB_PAGE not set. In my config, I was getting many
> multiple definition errors for bunch of other defines from
> linux/hugetlb.h. I will look at my config again but chances are I
> had something else screwed up in my build since you did not see
> those errors. Did you compile with CONFIG_HUGETLB_PAGE set after
> including linux/hugetlb.h? If you did, including linux/hugetlb.h
> instead of importing just the definition of PageHuge in mm/swap.c
> would be the right thing to do.

Yes, one of my configurations has CONFIG_HUGETLB_PAGE, also
CONFIG_NUMA=y, and the kernel built. Could not test it, though.

There still might be other configuration settings that caused the
error messages you've seen. Manually picking both PageHuge definitions
from linux/hugetlb.h should be a safe alternative then, but that's
ugly.

Christoph