Re: lustre: why does cfs_get_random_bytes() exist?

From: Theodore Ts'o
Date: Thu Oct 03 2013 - 15:35:19 EST

On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 10:26:21AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> > Does this sound reasonable?
>
> Sounds reasonable to me, care to send a patch to do so?

I can do that, but I was waiting for Andras, Peng or Nikita to let me
now if there was something I was missing or not. I'm pretty sure it's
something bogus, perhaps left over from a OS abstraction layer to
support Solaris or some such, but I am curious what was the historical
reason for the current code.

Cheers,

- Ted