Re: linux-next: Tree for Oct 3

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Fri Oct 04 2013 - 22:07:39 EST

On 10/04/2013 10:04 AM, Olof Johansson wrote:
On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 6:44 AM, Guenter Roeck <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/03/2013 10:41 PM, Olof Johansson wrote:

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 10:23 PM, Guenter Roeck <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/03/2013 06:02 PM, Mark Brown wrote:

Hi all,

Better late than never I've uploaded today's linux-next tree to the
master branch of the repository below:

git://gitorious.org/thierryreding/linux-next.git

A next-20131003 tag is also provided for convenience.

A few new conflicts today caused by the removal of the h8300
architecture which I didn't report for triviality. Several new build
failures were found as a result of running allmodconfig tests between
merges all of which have been reported and I'm still carrying the i.MX
fix that Thierry has been carrying.

Due to the length of time taken to run all the allmodconfigs I skipped
the defconfig tests; I know Olof has the ARM stuff covered in his
autobuilder. I'm going to use allyesconfig tomorrow since that should
run faster so hopefully I can cover the ARM, i386 and x86_64 configs
again.

I could try to set up the buildbot farm I am using for -stable candidates
to also test the -next tree. Would that help ?

ARM is pretty well-covered by my builds, I post results at:

Great summaries. Do you have a single builder, or several builders and
collect the results ? Either case, any chance sharing the buildbot scripts ?

My buildbot scripts are some pretty ugly hacks that I don't
particularly feel like publishing to the world. I can send you a copy
though.

Not much different to the quality of mine :). Would be great if you can send me a copy.

For my scripts, I still have some secrets in there like my gmail password
in the clear. I'll have to make sure it is removed before I can publish it.

The builder is one single beefy machine that i have on loan. It
wouldn't be hard to make it distributed instead though; I've toyed
around with prototypes for that in the past.

I would love to have something like that .. mine essentially consists
of four PCs with quad-core CPUs, plus two smaller systems which are
not always online.

Thanks,
Guenter