Re: Commit f26150004 (metag: use common of_flat_dt_match_machine)causes metag build failures in linux-next

From: James Hogan
Date: Mon Oct 07 2013 - 05:44:10 EST

On 06/10/13 19:26, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> arch/metag/kernel/devtree.c: In function 'setup_machine_fdt':
> arch/metag/kernel/devtree.c:52: error: 'arch_get_next_mach' undeclared
> (first use in this function)
> arch/metag/kernel/devtree.c:52: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
> reported only once
> arch/metag/kernel/devtree.c:52: error: for each function it appears in.)
> arch/metag/kernel/devtree.c:52: warning: assignment discards qualifiers
> from pointer target type
> make[1]: *** [arch/metag/kernel/devtree.o] Error 1
>
> Not surprising, since arch_get_next_mach() is not defined for metag.
>
> Guenter

Thanks for reporting Guenter (and taking the time to set up auto-building
of different arches - we have a metag buildbot but it hasn't been
tracking the temporary linux-next URL).

Rob, sorry I didn't get around to testing your revised patchset until
now. Please apply something like the patch below (preferably as a fixup)
for f261500 (metag: use common of_flat_dt_match_machine).

This will cause a rebase conflict in "metag: move setup_machine_fdt
declaration from prom.h" since I added const to setup_machine_fdt()'s
return pointer, so that const needs adding to setup.h too.

Does that sound okay?

Thanks
James