snd_hda_intel headphone output disabling upon complete insertion of plug

From: lkml
Date: Tue Oct 08 2013 - 17:14:00 EST

Hello list,

Somewhere between 3.11.0-rc7-gfa8218d and 3.12.0-rc4-g8b5ede6 this
broke.

The machine is an x61s thinkpad, with the headphone output unmuted and
headphones partially inserted sound is audible. If the output is muted,
the output shuts off. With the output unmuted, upon inserting the
headphone plug fully the output shuts off following a blink of a delay.
If I slowly remove the headphone plug returning it to a partially inserted
state, the audio returns after another delay.

It seems like a bug in the headphone amplifier power management, as if
it's doing the inverse of what it needs to do. I'll try find time to
bisect, just wanted to get this out there though in case any of you
recognize the problem and know what might have caused it.

Regards,
Vito Caputo