Re: scsi-mq updated to latest linux-block/new-queue

From: Nicholas A. Bellinger
Date: Wed Oct 09 2013 - 16:04:47 EST

On Wed, 2013-10-09 at 21:46 +0200, Alexander Gordeev wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 12:12:51PM -0700, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
> > Just a heads up that the scsi-mq alpha branch has been updated to Jen's
> > latest linux-block/new-queue containing hch's recent blk-mq
> > improvements, along with Alexander's patch for the is_flush_fua +
> > queue_depth=1 bug.
>

> Oh, I have not expected it could be picked up. In fact I agree it needs
> to be updated with what you spotted:
>
> "Also, these extra increments should probably happen only when the passed
> queue_depth == 1 && reserved_tags == 0."

Yes, of course. Fixing that up now in blk_mq_init_queue().

> What is the criteria for patches to include in your tree? I would suggest
> to consider this one https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/8/9/90 if it fits.

Since it's libata related, I'd like Tejun (CC'ed) to be comfortable with
the approach first..

As I'm still using IDE for my rootfs with scsi-mq, I'd be fine with
applying it for AHCI testing purposes if there are no objections.

Care to send out an updated version..?

--nab