Re: [BUG] WARN_ON(!context) in drivers/pci/hotplug/acpiphp_glue.c

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Oct 10 2013 - 21:01:06 EST

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This may have been my fault, as I cut and pasted Rafael's email from
> the git log, and did not add the quotes myself.

Well, it is your fault, but only because you use a buggy mailer from hell.

> Perhaps claws should force names with '.' to be quoted. I don't
> remember having this issue with Evolution (I switched to claws a couple
> of months ago).

There is no "perhaps" about this. It's clearly a Claws bug.

When you send email to Amaury DecrÃme (to pick a kernel email address
at random with special characters) do you think you should write his
email address as

=?UTF-8?q?Amaury=20Decr=C3=AAme?= <amaury.decreme@xxxxxxxxx>?

No you should not. For similar reasons, any email program that expects
you to quote dots in names is pure and utter garbage. The fact that
SMTP expects dots to be quoted has absolutely zero bearing on
anything, the same way it has zero bearing that SMTP headers should
use even odder quoting rules for other "special" characters.

File a bug on Claws, and if the developers brush it off as your own
problem, just stop using the PoS.

I realize that you seem to have this self-harming habit - first
evolution, now claws - but it's like cutting or anorexia. We're having
an intervention here, and the first step is to realize you have a
problem.

Linus