Re: [Suggestion] kernel/rcutorture.c: about using scnprintf()instead of sprintf().

From: Paul E. McKenney
Date: Sun Oct 13 2013 - 07:05:35 EST

On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 04:32:53PM +0800, Chen Gang wrote:
> Hello Maintainers:
>
> In srcu_torture_stats(), if cpus are more than 1K, the PAGE_SIZE will
> not be enough.
>
> In rcu_torture_printk(), the 'page' maximized size is 4096, it has a
> function pointer for printing, which not tell its maximized length.
>
> Welcome any additional suggestions or completions.

I never have run rcutorture on a system with that many CPUs. ;-)

Given that rcutorture is not used in production, my approach would be to
fix this when I encountered it. But what change would you suggest, and,
more importantly, how would you go about testing it before submitting
a patch?

Or if you are simply reporting this as a bug, please let me know that.

Thanx, Paul