Re: linux-next: manual merge of the trivial tree

From: Jozsef Kadlecsik
Date: Wed Oct 16 2013 - 16:10:45 EST

On Wed, 16 Oct 2013, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:

> > > I don't really get it: patch bd3129f was part of a patchset, which was
> > > applied to net-next and there it was complete.
> > >
> > > There's none of the patchset in question in linux-next, so what's the
> > > trivial tree? Where's lost what?
>
> To Jozsef: David collects all the networking patches in net-next until
> Linus' merge window opens, that's why you don't see your patches in
> linux-next. It seems Jiri merges this trivial tree (which indeed
> contains your net-next patches already) to linux-next.
>
> > > [The patch below doesn't look good, because it should contain the removed
> > > part for the revision 1 match due to the reordering in the file.]
> >
> > This is just a super-simple conflict between
> >
> > https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next.git/commit/?id=bd3129f
> >
> > and
> >
> > https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/jikos/trivial.git/diff/net/netfilter/xt_set.c?h=for-next&id=3f79410c7c
> >
> > I don't think it needs any special handling, do you? I can of course drop
> > the respective hunk from my tree and let you handle it in net-next if you
> > wish.
>
> Please, don't drop it, I think Jozsef got confused by the handling of
> your trivial tree.

I was confused mainly because Thierry sent just the relevant part and I
expected a full patch :-). So it's just fine.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail : kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kadlecsik.jozsef@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Address : Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary