How to set fops in "struct platform_pwm_backlight_data"?

From: Mark Zhang
Date: Thu Oct 17 2013 - 02:50:15 EST

Hi,

This is the first time I send mail to linux-pwm, I didn't read through
the mails in this list, so if somebody already asked this question, I'm
sorry about that.

I wanna set some fops in "struct platform_pwm_backlight_data". But the
currrent probe function in pwm_bl.c says:

-------
if (!data) {
ret = pwm_backlight_parse_dt(&pdev->dev, &defdata);
if (ret < 0) {
dev_err(&pdev->dev, "failed to find platform data\n");
return ret;
}

data = &defdata;
}
-------

This looks like if we set the platform data for pwm backlight device,
"pwm_backlight_parse_dt" will never have a chance to be called, which
means the stuffs I defined in backlight DT node will be ignored.

If I don't set the platform data for pwm backlight device, according to
the pwm_backlight_probe, I will never have a chance to set some fops
which I need(like "notify", "check_fb"...).

So, what I suppose to do now? Maybe there is a way to set function
pointers in DT?

Mark