Re: [tpmdd-devel] TPM patches for 2.13

From: Jason Gunthorpe
Date: Sun Oct 20 2013 - 13:00:35 EST

On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 04:06:58AM -0500, Ashley Lai wrote:

> Hi Jason,
> Patch 0008-tpm-Rename-tpm.c-to-tpm-interface.c.patch does not meet the
> Linux kernel's coding standards. Please fix the errors found by
> checkpatch.pl and let me know when it's ready. Thanks.

Please use format-patch -M when you run checkpatch on this one:

$ ^scripts/checkpatch.pl `git format-patch -M 890e46c0abf49b6a9bddeab9de8625b71db648ad^\!`
total: 0 errors, 0 warnings, 8 lines checked

0001-tpm-Rename-tpm.c-to-tpm-interface.c.patch has no obvious style problems and is ready for submission.

All the errors it reports without -M are pre-existing in tpm.c, and a
pure rename patch should not clean up pre-existing checkpatch errors,
IMHO..

My strategy to deal with this is to make things checkpatch clean
as they get moved out of tpm-interface.c, so in the follow up patches
tpm-sysfs.c and tpm-dev.c are both checkpatch clean even though the
original code from tpm.c was not.

Jason