[BUG] 3.12.0-rcX IPv6 panic

From: Bob Tracy
Date: Mon Oct 21 2013 - 09:44:22 EST

Actually, a regression: the 3.11 kernel is rock-solid stable on my
Alpha.

Beginning with 3.12.0-rc1, I can reliably trigger a kernel panic by
executing the gogo6.net "gw6c" IPv6 client program. If the networking
layer is active, an "Oops" will eventually (within a day) occur regardless
of whether I attempt to run "gw6c". 3.12.0-rcX is stable as long as I
leave networking completely disabled. The error has persisted up through
-rc6. Apologies for not mentioning this earlier, but the state of my
PWS-433au has been questionable, and I wanted to make sure I had a
legitimate bug sighting.

I'll have to transcribe the panic backtrace by hand: nothing makes it
into any of the system logs :-(. I *can* recall that every backtrace
I've seen thus far has included one of the skb_copy() variants near the
top of the list (first or second function).

--Bob