Re: EFI and multiboot2 devlopment work for Xen

From: Vladimir 'Ï-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Date: Tue Oct 22 2013 - 11:39:42 EST

On 22.10.2013 16:51, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> If you use 'linux' module, it will call ExitBootService.
> If you use 'multiboot' module, it will call ExitBootService too.
>
> So if you don't want to the module to call 'grub_efi_finish_boot_services'
> you need to use 'linuxefi' :-)
That's a very limited logic. Commands can be modified and protocols can
be extended.
There was only one e-mail explaining the needs and I answered with
proposing possible solutions yet the 2 e-mails in question were
completely ignored.
What's the need behind not calling ExitBootService? This is a point
which was never really explained to me. EFI specification specifically
tells to call ExitBootService.