Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections and Nominationprocess

From: James Bottomley
Date: Wed Oct 23 2013 - 03:40:59 EST

[There's apparently been some problem with the tech-board-discuss list.
We've flushed the queue and a mail nearly a year old also popped out.
Hopefully it will work now]

The elections for five of the ten members of the Linux Foundation
Technical Advisory Board[TAB] are held every year. Currently the
election will be at the 2013 Kernel Summit in Edinburgh on the evening
of 23 October and will be open to all attendees of the weeks events
(Kernel Summit, LinuxCon, ELC etc.).

Anyone is eligible to stand for election, simply send your nomination
to:

Tech-board-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We currently have ten nominees for five places:

The current incumbents who are all standing again:

Theodore Ts'o <tytso@xxxxxxx>
Jonathan Corbet <corbet@xxxxxxx>
Hugh Blemings <hugh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx>
Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

And five aspirants:

Matthew Garrett <mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sarah Sharp <sarah.a.sharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Vojtech Pavlik <vojtech@xxxxxxx>
Grant Likely <grant.likely@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Josh Triplett <josh@xxxxxxxxxx>

The deadline for receiving nominations is up until the beginning of the
event where the election is held (Currently thought to be the evening of
23 October British Summer Time). Although, please remember if you'renot
going to be present that things go wrong with both networks and mailing
lists, so get your nomination in early).

Since we now have an election, it will be held in the event at the
National Museum tonight (Wednesday 23 October), probably around 21:30
(Kernel Summit attendees have a separate dinner, so we all need time to
get over to the Museum). Each candidate will give a short nomination
pitch and then all those present will get to vote by a show of hands for
their preferred set.

James Bottomley (TAB Chair)