Re: Perf Python Scripting Leaks Memory

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
Date: Wed Oct 23 2013 - 16:02:08 EST

Em Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 04:37:41PM +0200, Joseph Schuchart escreveu:
> We are using the Python scripting interface in perf to extract kernel
> events relevant for performance analysis of HPC codes. We noticed that the
> "perf script" call allocates a significant amount of memory (in the order
> of several 100 MiB) during it's run, e.g. 125 MiB for a 25 MiB input file:

Thanks for the analysis and the bug fix!

I asked Tom Zanussi and he kindly reviewed your patch and provided an
Acked-by tag for it, Tom, may I add a Reviewed-by: as well?

Joseph, can I have your Signed-off-by: tag, as documented in:

Documentation/SubmittingPatches

In the "12) Sign your work" section?

Thanks!

- Arnaldo