Re: linux-next: manual merge of the akpm-current tree with the tiptree

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Fri Nov 08 2013 - 18:21:15 EST

Hi Josh,

On Fri, 8 Nov 2013 10:58:12 -0800 Josh Triplett <josh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Won't splitting the Makefile change into a separate commit break
> bisection, in particular if you have the changes adding inlines but you
> also compile in lglock.o? Shouldn't this be squashed into the merge
> itself, keeping the kernel/Makefile section of my original patch?

Actually it is not a problem because that fix patch was applied to the
merge commit between the part of Andrew's tree that depends only on
Linus' tree and the rest of linux-next. So each side of the merge is ok
and the merge commit itself fixes up the conflict.

I just split it this way for my work flow purposes.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx