Re: kernel BUG at kernel/kallsyms.c:222!

From: Uwe Kleine-König
Date: Mon Nov 11 2013 - 03:01:20 EST

Hello,

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 02:43:28PM +0800, Axel Lin wrote:
> 2013/11/11 Rusty Russell <rusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Ming Lei <tom.leiming@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I don't have other noMMU platform to test.
> But I think this issue impacts various !CONFIG_MMU platforms:
> We have CONFIG_PAGE_OFFSET=0xC0000000 in various default configs.
> For !CONFIG_MMU case, it just don't use the CONFIG_PAGE_OFFSET setting.
> So use CONFIG_PAGE_OFFSET to filter symbols looks wrong to me for all
> !CONFIG_MMU cases.
I don't know what the original problem is, but for my Cortex-M3 machine
(ie. !MMU) I also have CONFIG_PAGE_OFFSET=0xC0000000. Didn't see this
resulting in any problems although the value looks bogus. (The range
0x90000000-0xdfffffff is reserved on my SoC. Trying to read from there
with the debugger fails with a message "Could not read memory.")

Best regards
Uwe

--
Pengutronix e.K. | Uwe Kleine-König |