Re: [BUG]: DELL XPS 8500 become a brick after fill too many entriesto nvram.

From: Matt Fleming
Date: Mon Nov 11 2013 - 06:07:29 EST

On Mon, 11 Nov, at 02:15:22PM, Madper Xie wrote:
> Howdy all,
> For now we ensure at least ~5kb free space. But my dell xps still
> become a brick after I add too many entries to my nvram. So maybe 5kb
> is not safe enough. and 5kb is just aginst Samsung's laptop.
> So should we enlarge EFI_MIN_RESERVE?

Urgh.............

Thanks for the report. Could you provide some more details?

- Is your machine definitely bricked?
- Exactly which Dell machine is this?
- What were you doing to cause your machine to not boot? Using
efibootmgr?
- Please send your .config
- Have you reported this to any BIOS engineers to confirm the cause of
the bricking?
- Have you got a dmesg from the machine before it broke?

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center