Re: perf/tracepoint yet another lockup

From: Vince Weaver
Date: Wed Nov 13 2013 - 17:31:31 EST

On Tue, 12 Nov 2013, Peter Zijlstra wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 05:28:21PM -0500, Vince Weaver wrote:
> > So are all tracepoints unsafe? Or just a subset?
>
> No, most should be fine. But finding the special ones seems interesting
> :/
>
> Disabling them all for now sure seems like the safe option.

Update on this, it was a false positive. It seems like the other crashes
I was seeing were also caused by tracepoint 24, the fuzzer just found them
via another code path I wasn't checking.

So from what I can tell the only troublesome tracepoint I've come across
is the original irq_vectors/irq_work_exit problem.

Vince